Junior Club Cricket
Club cricket for juniors is long overdue, but with the help of Twizza soft drinks and Themiko Mpumalanga Guarding this will become a reality for ages 10 - 13.
- Close the gap between modified and traditional cricket.
- Provide better cricketing skills and culture among the youngsters.
- Development of lack Black African players.
- More exposure to cricket for aspiring cricketers.
- Use this platform to give coaches and match officials more opportunities.
- Create better opportunities for young crickets to grow in cricket.
- Grow clubs in Mpumalanga and rural areas.
- Establish better facilities throughout Mpumalanga.
- Themiko Mpumalanga and Twizza took responsibility for establishing junior club cricket in March and April 2016, through skills tournaments. These tournaments were held in towns on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
- Coaching of the junior club teams will be a controlled and planned exercise, co-ordinated by Mpumalanga Cricket Union.
- All existing clubs, schools and parents can get involved.
- Meetings will be held prior to the tournaments in the towns involved. Information will be published closer to the dates..